Red vein kratom is a type of kratom leaf that has red-colored veins and stems. This type of kratom is harvested from leaves that grow high on the kratom tree, where they get the most sunlight (which contributes to its potency). When searching for kratom, shoppers will first hear about the different vein colors: red, white, green, and less commonly, yellow. The color indicates the number of alkaloids in the leaf; each vein promotes different effects to people who ingest kratom and reflects the leaf’s maturity before harvesting. Kratom leaves are known to produce a range of effects due to their pharmacology. Preliminary studies have indicated that the two most abundant alkaloids in kratom, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, may have an effect on pain receptors in the brain, though more research is needed to understand the nature of this effect.
Red vein kratom is the most mature of the plants and is the most commonly used type of kratom, as it provides pleasant calming effects and it is easier to obtain. Kratom grows consistently and abundantly in Southeast Asia and is becoming increasingly popular in Western countries. Red vein kratom trees grow rapidly throughout the regions, making it easier to obtain.
Red Vein Kratom Effects
Kratom leaves and strains can have a variety of effects. These effects are referred to as kratom “speeds”. Red vein kratom is considered a “slow” leaf, which is typically known for its calming and sedative effects. People may use red kratom to help relieve physical discomfort or to relax at the end of the day.
It’s important to note that each vein color has different properties and attributes. White vein kratom can be used to energize the body, while green vein kratom can be used to increase focus and motivation. By understanding how the different veins work and what they provide, you can make more informed decisions on the type of kratom you need.
Depending on the strain and dosage, red vein kratom can have a variety of calming effects and can be used to help aid relaxation.
Negative Effects of Red Vein Kratom
Kratom is a naturally-occurring supplement; however, it is not regulated by the Food and Drug Association (FDA). While this doesn’t necessarily mean kratom is dangerous, it does mean that people who ingest this substance should be aware of the potentially negative side effects of kratom. These effects may include:
- Lack of mental clarity
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- High blood pressure
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
People who are taking kratom should consult with their healthcare provider to avoid any of these side effects, especially those with pre-existing health conditions. Although kratom is typically well-tolerated, supplements can have negative health effects if the consumption is not closely monitored.
Red Vein Kratom Strains
There are many red kratom strains that have different attributes. It’s important to take your time to research the different strains so that you can feel the full effects of kratom. These strains are named after the geographic region they were grown in as well as the vein color, and each has an impact on the kratom. The red kratom strains include:
- Red Bali: This strain is milder than other strains and is considered a good starting point for new buyers. Red Bali can promote relaxation and provide a temporary reduction in physical discomfort.
- Red Borneo: This strain is used for temporarily relieving physical discomfort as well as increasing focus. It reportedly can also help calm anxious feelings.
- Red Indo: This strain comes from Indonesia and is often referred to as the best type of kratom. It is known to help relieve muscle discomfort and influence relaxing moods.
- Red Maeng Da: This strain is the most potent kratom strain. It is cultivated in Thailand and can offer a temporary reduction of physical discomfort without the sedative effects.
- Red Malay: This strain, from the Malaysian region, can help promote full-body relaxation as well as temporarily relieve symptoms of physical discomfort.
- Red Sumatra: This slower strain can help promote deep relaxation, increase focus, and influence a positive mental state. It is often associated with general wellbeing and relaxation.
- Red Thai: This popular strain is known for increasing relaxing moods and is commonly used by people trying kratom for the first time.
Red Vein Kratom Dosage
Taking the correct amount of kratom is determined based on your weight and gender. For males, the correct doses are as follows:
- Below 150 pounds: 0.75-1.5 grams
- 150-210 pounds: 1.5-2.25 grams
- Above 210 pounds: 2.25-3 grams
For females, the correct average doses are:
- Below 150 pounds: 0.25-0.50 grams
- 150-210 pounds: 0.50-0.75 grams
- Above 210 pounds: 0.75-1.00 grams
When taking kratom for the first time, it’s better to take too little than too much. Additionally, if you are ingesting kratom for long-term use, you may build up a tolerance to kratom. However, studies have shown that kratom has low abuse potential compared to other addictive drugs. To feel the full effects of kratom, remember to:
- Measure out each dose
- Do not eat before taking kratom
- Stay hydrated
- Increase kratom consumption in small amounts
- Always buy from a registered vendor
- Monitor your usage
- Cycle a variety of strains in order to avoid developing a tolerance
- Consume a higher dose of kratom after eating a full meal
Dosage also depends on how you take kratom. There are many forms of kratom including:
The most common ways to consume kratom are powder and capsules. It’s important to comply with recommended dosages since it is not FDA regulated.
Red vein kratom can help promote relaxation, optimistic feelings, and relieve physical discomfort. It also can have sedative effects, which is why it is better to take red vein kratom strains at night. If you decide to take kratom, remember to start with small doses and to contact your doctor if you are experiencing any negative side effects.
Leave A Comment