Derived from the leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa plant, yellow vein kratom is a type of kratom that is yellow in color. Kratom can also have green, red, and white stems and leaves; the leaves differ in color depending on when, how, and from what part of the plant they are harvested. Yellow kratom is relatively new to the market, though it is slowly becoming more popular and readily available. It is widely considered to be one of the rarest types of kratom.
Kratom has a long history of use in Southeast Asia, but the origins of yellow kratom remain unclear. Some claim that its yellow hue comes from picking leaves later in the lifespan of the Mitragyna speciosa plant; others believe yellow kratom is a fermented blend of green, red, and white kratom leaves. The most common theory suggests that yellow kratom gets its color from a unique drying process.
Though much ambiguity surrounds its production and cultivation, yellow kratom is thought by many users to be one of the highest-quality varieties available. It’s crucial to be careful when shopping for yellow kratom; unscrupulous sellers may attempt to pass off other strains of kratom as yellow, despite being unable to source the real thing. Always purchase your kratom from a trusted seller to ensure you get the product you meant to purchase and can enjoy its desired effects.
Yellow Vein Kratom Effects
Primarily due to safety concerns, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved kratom for any use. Further, there is not enough clinical research to definitively say what health effects, either positive or negative, kratom use can have. However, people choose to use kratom for a variety of purposes, with users reporting a diverse range of effects on both the mind and the body.
Kratom does contain active compounds known as alkaloids which may be responsible for the effects felt by some users. Mitragynine and the derivative 7-hydroxymitragynine are the most abundant alkaloids that are at the center of kratom research, as both alkaloids appear to interact with certain receptors in the brain. Kratom’s interaction with these receptors may explain why some individuals claim to experience certain effects, but further study is needed to fully understand how kratom affects the brain and body.
By cultivating kratom to contain higher concentrations and particular proportions of these active compounds, it’s thought that some strains of kratom may have different effects (called “speeds”) than others. Because yellow kratom is so unique, its various strains can be:
- Fast, which is associated with feelings of energy, stimulation, productivity, and vibrancy
- Slow, which is associated with feelings of calm, relaxation, restfulness, and well-being
- Moderate, which is associated with a harmonious balance between fast and slow strains
Yellow kratom is believed to have effects similar to green Malay kratom. Like other green vein kratoms, green Malay kratom is a balanced and moderate strain that offers a harmonious and mild energy boost. Green Malay and yellow vein kratom are some of the best energizing strains, as they are less likely to be overstimulating than faster strains. Additionally, some users report that the effects of yellow kratom seem to last longer than those of other strains.
Negative Effects of Yellow Vein Kratom
Though kratom is a natural botanical, it does have psychoactive properties. When taken incorrectly or in excess, it may have negative side effects or result in an unpleasant experience. Some of the most commonly reported and observed side effects of short-term kratom consumption include:
- Lack of mental clarity
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
Many of these feelings may be uncomfortable, but they will likely subside with time as kratom’s effects wear off.
There may also be long-term side effects associated with frequent or continued kratom use, including:
- High blood pressure
- Kidney problems
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin
- Liver problems
- Reduction in or of loss of appetite
- Symptoms of psychosis, such as hallucinations
However, the long-term effects of kratom use have not been fully studied. Many people can reportedly take kratom several times each day without experiencing adverse effects. As with other botanicals and lifestyle supplements, kratom may affect different users in different ways. If you are planning to or are currently taking kratom, it’s best to speak with your primary care provider to make sure you can use it safely. With your doctor’s guidance, you can work to minimize your chances of experiencing any adverse effects of kratom use.
Yellow Vein Kratom Strains
Yellow vein kratom comes in a variety of strains, each of which is purported to have different properties and effects. While each of the following strains are all yellow vein kratom, they are grown in different regions, which gives each strain its unique attributes. Some of the most popular strains of yellow vein kratom include:
- Yellow Bali: This strain of Bali kratom is subtle and mellow. It is said to offer “real relief” with minimal chance of reducing energy.
- Yellow Borneo: This strain is thought to offer a mild energy boost and promote feelings of mental tranquility.
- Yellow Indo: Users of this empowering strain report feelings of clear-headed confidence.
- Yellow Maeng Da: Generally, Maeng Da strains are strong and powerful. Yellow Maeng Da is an underrated but pleasant strain; users report feeling a glow of productivity and enthusiasm.
- Yellow Malay: Users claim that this rare strain provides relief from physical discomfort, mental stimulation, and a boost to energy.
- Yellow Sumatra: This strain is believed to encourage feelings of physical and mental relaxation, making it a nice choice for users looking for sleep support.
- Yellow Sunda: This slower strain of yellow kratom is rare, but offers pleasant sensations that differ from relaxing red and green strains. Because it can be difficult to find, even regular kratom users may not be aware of this uncommon but magical strain.
- Yellow Vietnam: This is a faster strain that offers vibrant feelings of enthusiasm. It pairs well with a cup of coffee for an additional energy boost.
It’s important to research different strains and potential effects so you can find the right kind of kratom for your needs.
Yellow Vein Kratom Dosage
Whether you’re a new or experienced user, you need to know how to dose kratom properly to enjoy its desired effects. Depending on how you want to feel, how you take kratom, and your tolerance level, your dosage needs can vary greatly. Your weight and gender can help you determine the right dose.
For men, the correct average doses are:
- Below 150 pounds: 0.75-1.5 grams
- 150-210 pounds: 1.5-2.25 grams
- Above 210 pounds: 2.25-3 grams
For women, the correct average doses are:
- Below 150 pounds: 0.25-0.50 grams
- 150-210 pounds: 0.50-0.75 grams
- Above 210 pounds: 0.75 grams-1.00 grams
Keep in mind that your specific dosage needs may differ, and it may take some time to figure out exactly what your sweet-spot dose is. Though it appears to have a relatively low potential for abuse, it’s better to experiment cautiously and take too little kratom instead of too much. You may not feel its benefits, but this will reduce your risk of experiencing negative side effects and you can always start working up to a stronger dose later.
Because kratom is not a regulated substance, always follow the retailer’s serving size recommendations for your specific product. Further, you should buy your kratom from a trusted retailer who has a reputation for selling high-quality products. That way, you can ensure you’re truly getting a legitimate strain of the elusive yellow vein kratom and have a positive experience with your kratom.
Yellow kratom is rarer than other strains but tends to be more moderate and mellow like certain strains of green kratom. Users report subtle increases in mental energy and relaxing physical effects, without the risk of overstimulation. Though rare, there are many different strains of yellow kratom available. As always, you should take care to dose yellow kratom properly to have an enjoyable experience.
Leave A Comment